Saturday 4 August 2012

Prettie Yummy ~ Baked Toblerone Cheesecake

After yesterdays facebook post about my day of making and baking I had a few people ask me for the recipe for the Baked Toblerone Cheesecake, so I thought I would share it all with you! (you'l have to forgive my lack of photos as I only saw these requests this morning after most of it had been eaten!)

The recipe comes from Janelle Bloom's Fab Food for Family & Friends cook book. I find Janelle's receipes are easy to follow and although I have only used a few from this book so far, each of them has worked really well.

Janelle Bloom's Fab Food for Family & Friends
So if you are entertaining or heading to a friends for a get together give this cheesecake a go, its definately a winner in my books, and its pretty easy too!!

Baked Toblerone Cheesecake
Serves 10.

Ingredients:

750g cream cheese, softened
1 cup of caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs room temp
2 tablespoon of plain flour
300ml sour cream 
2 x 100g toblerone chocolate, broken into pieces
250g mascarpone cheese
cocoa powder and double cream to serve (cream optional, I didn't think it needed it)

Base:

150g Nice biscuits
100 grams butter melted


Method:

1) Preheat Oven 180C no fan. Grease and line base and side of spring form pan (23cm) with baking paper.

2) For the base, break biscuits into large pieces and place in food processor. Process till finely chopped. Add butter and process until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, press mixture into base of the pan.. Refrigerate until firm.


3) Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until just combined (don't over beat or the mixture becomes too aerated). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sitr in flour. Fold in sour cream until just combined.


4) Pour the cream cheese mixture over base, top with toblerone pieces and carefully press them into into cheesecake mixture (they will burn if left exposed). Place pan into a baking tray and bake for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours, or until just set in the centre. Turn the oven off and leave the door ajar, and allow the cheesecake to cool completely in the oven. Refridgerate until chilled.


5) Spread top with mascarpone cheese and dust heavily with cocoa powder to serve.

PS. Don't worry if you get any cracks in it (as I did with my first go) because the mascarpone cheese and cocoa cover them all up ;)

As I said earlier I don't have any photos of the whole finished cake, but here's a pic of what didn't get eaten...which means I get to eat more ;)

the left overs...which means more for this mumma!!
I'd love to know how you go with the recipe if you give it a go!

Stay Prettie and ENJOY!

Jodie-lee

No comments:

Post a Comment