Thursday 9 August 2012

Easy Dinners ~ Tandoori Chicken with Mint Yogurt Sauce.

I love nothing more than a simple, but oh so tasty dinner dish... and sharing them with loved ones of course!

This recipe comes from The Biggest Loser 'Best Recipes' cook book...and its my favourite recipe in the whole book!

I brought this book a few years back I don't think I'll ever
grow old of this recipe!
So, for all your taste buds, here is the recipe!

Tandoori Chicken with Mint Yogurt Sauce
Serves 4

Ingredients:

500g chicken tenderloins
1/4 cup tandoori paste
1/4 cup Light & Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk
200g low-fat natural yogurt
2tbs chopped mint leaves
1tbs lemon juice
1/2 teaspoons sumac, plus extra to serve
2 cups steamed rice, to serve

Method

1) Mix together tandoori paste and evaporated milk and pour over chicken in a shallow dish. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate. (if you are struggling for time, 20min usually does the trick too)

2) Meanwhile, place the yogurt, mint, lemon juice and sumac in a bowl and mix well.

3) Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 3-5 min on each side (or until browned and cooked through), basting regularly with the marinade.

4) Sprinkle the chicken with a little extra sumac and serve with steamed rice and yogurt sauce.

NB:  
* I actually use chicken breast for this recipe and just cut the pieces down to the right size.

*When I first made this recipe I had trouble finding the 'sumac' at Coles, but I ended up finding it in Woolworths with their own brand of herbs and spices.

mmmm it really is just so good!!

I'd love to hear how you go with it.

Stay Prettie

Jodie-lee

No comments:

Post a Comment